The Old Fort House Museum is located on Lower Broadway and features a five building complex of local artifacts including a "Toll Keepers" house from 1840, the Riverside School House, the 1853 A. Dallas Wait Law Office, the Cronkhite Pavilion, the Water Works Barn, the Doctors Apothecary Garden, and the Schoolhouse Privy. The museum campus is operated by the Fort Edward Historical Association.
The campus features the Old Fort House Museum. The 1772 home of Patrick Smyth has been open to the public since 1953, with authentic furnishings depicting the lives of occupants from the 1770’s through the 1940’s. Built with timbers taken from the ruins of the French & Indian War fortification called Fort Edward, the house was used as headquarters by both British and American generals in the Revolutionary War. Please check their webpage or call for additional programs and information. 518-747-9600